Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just another day at the park

Even though Lily and I have a routine walk at about the same time of day in familiar places, we often come across things that we did not expect to see.  For example, Lily was at first scared of and then mesmerized by a streetcleaner.

Then we came across this circle of flagstones. 

It obviously hasn't been weeded all summer, but that's what I like about it.

Soon after, we noticed that several monarch butterflies were feeding at a nearby flower patch.  The butterflies were very active and shy, but I did manage to get this one picture...

I just had to wait patiently and allow the moment to arrive.  I'll try to keep this in mind during the rest of my day!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the partially overgrown flagstones.

    ReplyDelete